By Kerrie Kelly, ASID, CAPS, IIDA
Whether you were on the Dwell on Design show floor, touring show houses in Los Angeles or showing up at ASID’s Celebration Gala, there were all kind of places to trend spot and see what’s next in interior design. Here are just a few of our favorites…
- Arteriors – Just like ASID’s Celebration event, this fringe chandelier reminds us of the Great Gatsby era.
- House of Rock Dining Room – Inspired by Tina Turner’s fringe skirt, this stunning chandelier and chain curtain makes a dramatic statement in the dining room.
- House of Rock Recording Studio lighting – The recording studio lighting is a work of art! We love the multicolor, repetition and varied lengths of this.
- House of Rock Living Room – The high ceilings of the first floor living room make the chandelier a statement on the second floor too! Reminds us of a similar one that Arteriors carries, with a little more Gatsby love!
- Bassman-Blaine Showroom – Hammered lighting takes on a reclaimed effect and can slip right into many interiors.
- Wilcox (the latest endeavor from Natural Curiosities) – Hubcap-like lighting creates a dramatic industrial effect and centerpiece for a space.
- HD Buttercup – We love the glass-pieced chandelier with large format artwork behind.
- House of Rock Guest House – Drops of Jupiter or simply fabulous lighting on reclaimed ceiling? Love the glam and rustic interiors mix!
- Brizo – Brizo’s faucets for stand-alone tubs are beautifully inspired by designer Jason Wu.
- Kohler – New Product Alert: Kohler Sensate Touchless Kitchen faucet … a sensor under the hook turns the faucet on and off … you don’t even have to touch it!
KITCHEN FOR ALL
- Poggenpohl – Great kitchen organization! Drawers make it easy to see and access what’s inside instead of digging through cabinets. Loving these bowl holders that are convenient to store and use.
- Poggenpohl – When custom-designing a kitchen, choose a flat cooktop that’s 8″ away from the edge so you have space for your plates when you serve!
- Poggenpohl – Who doesn’t need an organized spice drawer?
- Poggenpohl – Perfectly designed utensil drawer with magnetic knife holders.
- Poggenpohl – Genius! This step stool folds up flat and fits in the toe-kick of this kitchen island! Great collaboration with Poggenpohl and Eric Ripert that allows kids to join in the kitchen fun.
- HD Buttercup – What a great take on aviation! Loving this propeller glass table for our next project.
- House of Rock – Inspired by re-bar construction but powder-coated in red lacquer , we love how these outdoor pieces provide function and a pop of color!
- House of Rock – Looking for a new floor pattern? Try this beauty!
- Natural Curiosities – On Eagle’s wings! This gold leaf wing is one of our favorite pieces from Natural Curiosities—it is also available in silver leaf.
- Natural Curiosities – These green and black butterflies are stunning. Again, we love the repetition!
- Bassman-Blaine Showroom – Large wooden links provide a dramatically chunky effect for a living space.
COUNTERTOPS + WALLS
- Cosentino/Silestone – New Product – Silestone released their latest and greatest in a beautiful gold and silver hued tones in Pulsar to mimic Calcutta marble without all the maintenance.
- House of Rock Kitchen –Silestone Unsui countertops with a hammered subway tile backsplash — a new spin on the classic subway.
- House of Rock Outdoor Kitchen – We found more Silestone Zirconium countertops at the House of Rock! Great to use indoors and out (under cover).
- House of Rock Powder Bath – We couldn’t resist such beautiful Harlequin mother-of-pearl tile in the powder bath!
- House of Rock Master Bath – These linear mirror tiles keep the master bath light, airy and elegant!