Don’t get left behind! Get creative with ways to fill your piggy bank to attend LAUNCH: The ASID National Student Summit. You do not want to miss your opportunity to mingle with your peers and learn from the best of the best, such as Brooke Traeger-Tumsaroch, ASID, Design Director at AvroKO and Primo Orpilla, ASID, Principal at Studio O+A.
If there is a will, there is a way. Review the tips below, and pick your step(s) in funding your way to LAUNCH.
- Create a fundraiser website. GoFundMe, the personal online fundraising website is perfect for individuals, groups and organizations. There really is no easier way to create your own customized fundraising campaign. Check out a success story from the ASID student chapter at Ai of Austin.
- Reach out to your local ASID professional chapter and/or industry partner. Get creative, but most importantly state your case — why you are the best candidate? Why should they send you? What value can you bring back?
- Make it personal. Write a letter home to family. Turn date night into savings. Scratch your friends back. Your friends and family want to support you, it’s your time to ask.
- ASID Student Chapter Fundraiser Toolkit. ASID student chapters need money year round to host specialized events, socials, trips, and more. Don’t recreate the wheel! We’ve collected a handful of best practices and created a toolkit for your chapter or group of peers to use in order to get an extra boost in funds.
- Go to your University. Does your school have an undergraduate student travel fund? Many schools support research and scholarly related travel for undergraduates. Check with your student services.
It’s time to start saving for your career. Whether you collect one big sum or a little here or there from friends and family; every penny helps. Now go get creative so we can see you at SCAD in Savannah, GA on February 26-28, 2016.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
LAUNCH will be held at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) at 601 Turner Blvd., Savannah, GA. SCAD is within walking distance of Savannah’s famous historic district, Forsyth Park, and City Market. Join ASID for LAUNCH and explore one of America’s oldest and most intriguing cities.
About the Author
Tiffany Neumann is an Associate in the Education and Engagement department at ASID . For the past five years she has focused on improving the student experience for interior design students.